- 1871: The Pickens Sentinel begins publication.
- 1893: The school welcomes its first incoming class of 446 cadets.
- July-August, 1897: Fever epidemic strikes campus, many students withdraw to sickbeds, five die. (Chronicle, October 1897, V.1, N.1., page 31.)
- 1910: The Board of Trustees reluctantly accepts the resignation of Mark Bernard Hardin and votes him the title of "Professor Emeritus of Chemistry". Hardin was in declining health. (McKale, Donald M., "The Trusted Substitute Mark Bernard Hardin, 1897, 1899, 1902", "Tradition: A History of the Presidency of Clemson University", McKale, Donald M., editor, Mercer University Press, Macon, Georgia, 1988, ISBN 0-86554-296-1, page 76.)
- 1946: The Board of Trustees meets and bestows names on many campus sites. Morrison Road is named for William S. Morrison, the first professor of history at Clemson. Colonial Circle in front of the Hanover House is named, The Tiger reports in the July 12, 1946 edition. Further, the Main Building will now be named Tillman Hall for Benjamin Ryan Tillman, South Carolina governor, United States senator and life trustee of the college. Barracks No. 1 is named Simpson Hall in honor of the man who drew up the Thomas G. Clemson will and who served as chairman of the Board of Trustees. Barracks No. 2 is now named Johnstone Hall for State Senator Alan Johnstone of Newberry.
- 1956: Clemson alumnus Robert Cook Edwards accepts newly-created position of vice-president for development.
- 1957: Work resumes on the Hartwell Dam, without notice to the university. But plans for two diversionary dams and one dike west of the campus are carried out, isolating a portion of the original Seneca River bed and a new channel for the lake being excavated behind a hill. In an agreement worked out between the College and the Corps, the integrity of the campus is maintained and the school receives more than a million dollars in recompense for lost bottom lands.