- 1943: A North American B-25C Mitchell bomber on a low-level training mission over Lake Murray, South Carolina, similar to those conducted on the Lake Issaqueena Bombing Range, is forced to ditch after the starboard engine fails at low altitude, five crew escaping before the plane sinks in 150 feet of water two miles west of the Lake Murray dam.
- 1956: Obed Ariri born in Owerri, Nigeria.
- 1974 - The Buzzard is published as an insert inside The Tiger's issue closest to April Fools Day. Front page story: "Students, countergorrilas (sic) clash over pizza".
- 1980 - The Clemson Players sponsor a benefit performance for the Cancer Fund.
- 2006 - Author Ernest Gaines discusses his novel A Lesson Before Dying at 7:30 PM in the Strom Thurmond Institute, followed by a book signing and reception.
|April 3||April||April 5|