- 1891: Original target date for opening Clemson Agricultural College for classes. It was not met. At this time,the chemical laboratory, mechanical hall, experiment station, some residences and support facilities, and some of the farms and the access roads from Calhoun and Pendleton were virtually complete; the cornerstone of the main or classroom building was laid in July, and construction was begun on it, an attached chapel, a dormitory, kitchens, boiler room, an infirmary, and other residences.
- 1905: Ed Cochems takes over the head football coach job for one season.
- 1906: Bob Williams takes over as head football coach.
- 1907: Frank Shaughnessy takes over as head football coach.
- 1908: Vanderbilt graduate (Class of 1908) John Stone tries to coach gutted football team, but achieves worst overall record in Clemson football history with 1-6 season and a .143 winning percentage.
- 1909: Bob Williams returns to head the Clemson football team.
- 1910: Frank Dobson begins three-year hitch as Clemson football coach, Some Clemson sources claim that Dobson was the first to have a contract, but John Heisman's contract dated November 28, 1901 is reproduced on page 236 of "Clemson - Where The Tigers Play" by Sam Blackman, Bob Bradley and Chuck Kriese (Sports Publishing, L.L.C., Champaign, Illinois, 2001) ISBN 1-58261-369-9.
- 1914: The Clemson football team plays every game on the road this season.
- 1916: Wayne Hart takes over as Clemson head football coach for one season.
- 1927: Future Coach Frank Howard enters the University of Alabama on a scholarship from the Birmingham News.
- 1932: The Central Dance Association is founded to promote and manage dance events on the college campus.
- 1940: College enrollment stands at 2,300 for the 1940-1941 year.`
- 1943: The enrollment at Clemson drops to only 700, most being 17 years old or younger, or have been classified 4-F by the draft boards, or have already been discharged from military service.
- 1946: William Bryan Keller takes over Judge Keller's Store from his father, founder Isaac Leonard Keller.
- 1946: Professor Hugh H. McGarity joins faculty at Clemson as Associate Professor of Music, the first to hold this post in several years. A graduate of the University of Georgia in 1940 with a Bachelors in Music, with his Masters conferred in the summer of 1946. He will conduct the college band, coordinate all musical activities, and it is hoped that a student choir can be organized.
- 1947: The cadet corps returns to grey uniforms for the first time since the end of World War II. Army khaki wool uniforms had been the norm "for the duration". (Biondo, Steve, "A Terrible Resolve: Clemson men in war", Clemson World, Fall 1991, Volume 44, Number 3, page 28.)
- 1968: The Student League for Black Identity (SLBI) is founded on campus "to promote black awareness through encouragement of black history courses, the study of black culture, and the black man's relationship with his society."
- Late fall, 1969: President Robert C. Edwards stops distribution of the Chronicle and a magazine by the Calhoun Literary Workshop due to what he calls "objectionable language." At the same time, he declares that he has not and would not censor any student publication. However, if it walks like a duck...
- 1970: Masters degree programs added in Forestry, Agriculture, and Engineering, supplementing masters of science degrees in those areas. The Pendleton Historic District is placed on the National Register of Historic Places. It contains approximately 6,316 acres, including the entire Town of Pendleton and extends out of Anderson County into a corner of Pickens County. ("Historic Pendleton", Pendleton District Historical and Recreational Commission, undated softback brochure.)
- 1971: Football Coach Hootie Ingram's best season, 5-6, 4-2 in the Atlantic Coast Conference for second place.
- 1975: This will be the last year in Clemson football history in which no games are televised. Starting in 1976, no fewer than two Tigers gridiron efforts will be aired annually, an unbroken string through 2008. Red Parker's Ice Cream Parlor opens in the remodelled Texaco gas station, later barber shop, building at the tip of the intersection of the Old Greenville Highway and College Avenue. Football team experiences a jolly 2-9 season.
- 1977: Work begins on the expansion of Clemson Memorial Stadium to add a second deck to the homeside south stands. Clemson athletic officials announce on May 31, 1977, that the university will field women's volleyball for the first time in the fall. Grace Lyles is named the Lady Tigers' first coach. ("Clemson: Where The Tigers Play", by Sam Blackman, Bob Bradley and Chuck Kriese, Sports Publishing, L.L.C., 2001, page 195).
- 1979: Stephen M. Gregg opens the Clemson Newsstand on Sloan Street in a recently-constructed building. Student senate moves to create a campus shuttle system. Renovation of Sirrine Hall begins. Kicker Obed Ariri breaks Banks McFadden's forty year old record for best punting average.
- 2004: Renovation of McAdams Hall completed.
- 2004: Kaye Herth begins her tenure as Director of the School of Nursing. She follows Barbara Logan, who was the School's first director after University restructuring created the official School of Nursing, and Rosanne Pruitt, who served as interim.
- 2004: The Hardee's restaurant on Walter Cox Boulevard which opened in 1975 closes for eventual redevelopment of the site into condominiums.
- 2004: Mock Turtle Soup presents the 1st annual 24 Hour Improv-a-thon, benefitting Habitat for Humanity, during Homecoming
- 2006: The Clemson Taco Bell location on Tiger Boulevard closes, but later reopens.
This is the Clemson Wiki project's 1,206th article.