Revision as of 22:55, 12 September 2006 by C. Mark Sublette (game added - my bad)
1907 in Clemson History
Events that occurred in 1907:
- January 21: The Tiger is founded. Front page headline of Volume 1, Number 1 describes "The [Georgia] Tech - Clemson Game" played on Thanksgiving, with the Tigers winning, 10-6.
- Martin's Drug Store opens in Clemson on the Six Mile Highway and will stay in business until 1975.
- Fall: Frank Shaughnessy takes over as head football coach.
- September 28: The Tigers defeat Gordon Institute, from Barnesville, Georgia, 5-0, on Bowman Field, the first-ever meeting with this opponent. This is also the Tiger's first football game ever played in September.
- October 9: Clemson blanks first-time opponent Maryville, 35-0, in game played in Clemson.
- October 21: Tennessee defeats the Tigers, 0-4, in Clemson, the first loss to that squad, putting overall series record at 3-1-2.
- October 31: In a match played at the State Fair in Columbia, Clemson defeats North Carolina, 15-6, evening the series record at 2-2.
- November 4: Clemson is shut-out by Alabama Polytechnic Institute (renamed Auburn in 1960), 0-12, in a game played in Auburn, Alabama, leaving the series tied at 3-3.
- November 7: In a game played at Augusta, Georgia defeats Clemson, 0-8, placing the series record at 7-4 and snapping a Tiger seven-game winning streak.
- November 9: In third game in six days, Clemson loses at home to Davidson, 6-10, putting series record at 3-1-1, Davidson's first victory over the Tigers.
- November 28: Clemson defeats Georgia Tech in Atlanta, 6-5, to conclude 4-4 season. The Tigers lead the series, 6-1-1.