Lawrence Andrew Sease
Lawrence Andrew Sease was a member of Clemson's first graduating class in 1896, and served as a member of the Board of Trustees, 1900-1907, and as an assistant professor of English at Clemson Agricultural College, September 1908-December 1923, according to the commemorative plaque in Tillman Auditorium. (Wright Bryan's "Clemson: An Informal History of the University 1889-1979" lists the dates of his board service as 1901-1908 - Appendix, page 265.) Sease lived in a large house on what is now Hillcrest Avenue, erected in 1917. He died December 12, 1923.
This is the Clemson Wiki's 1,428th article.