Difference between revisions of "Textile Hall"

From ClemsonWiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Number 1121)
(1915)
Line 1: Line 1:
Textile Hall was a large facility located at 322 W. Washington Street, [[Greenville]], South Carolina, a large brick structure accommodating 5,000, which was the site of the biennial Southern Textile Exposition, the only national institution of the kind.  Exhibits included products, machinery, and tools of the textile and allied industries.  The building was equipped with a large stage and was also used as a theatre, to accommodate conventions, the Southern Textile Basketball Tournaments, and the South Carolina Singing Convention each August, attended by some 10,000 people. The building was razed in the 1990s.
+
Textile Hall was a large facility located at 322 W. Washington Street, [[Greenville]], South Carolina, a large brick structure accommodating 5,000, which was the site of the biennial Southern Textile Exposition, the only national institution of the kind.  Exhibits included products, machinery, and tools of the textile and allied industries.  The building was equipped with a large stage and was also used as a theatre, to accommodate conventions, the Southern Textile Basketball Tournaments, and the South Carolina Singing Convention each August, attended by some 10,000 people. The first event was held in [[1915]]. The building was razed in the 1990s.
  
 
This is the Clemson Wiki project's 1,121st article.
 
This is the Clemson Wiki project's 1,121st article.

Revision as of 22:53, 28 December 2007

Textile Hall was a large facility located at 322 W. Washington Street, Greenville, South Carolina, a large brick structure accommodating 5,000, which was the site of the biennial Southern Textile Exposition, the only national institution of the kind. Exhibits included products, machinery, and tools of the textile and allied industries. The building was equipped with a large stage and was also used as a theatre, to accommodate conventions, the Southern Textile Basketball Tournaments, and the South Carolina Singing Convention each August, attended by some 10,000 people. The first event was held in 1915. The building was razed in the 1990s.

This is the Clemson Wiki project's 1,121st article.