Textile Hall was a large facility located at 322 W. Washington Street, Greenville, South Carolina, a large brick structure accommodating 5,000, which was the site of the biennial Southern Textile Exposition, the only national institution of the kind. Exhibits included products, machinery, and tools of the textile and allied industries. Designed by Joseph Emory Sirrine (1872-1947), a Furman graduate, the building was equipped with a large stage and was also used as a theatre, to accommodate conventions, the Southern Textile Basketball Tournaments, and the South Carolina Singing Convention each August, attended by some 10,000 people. The first event was held in 1915. The building was razed in the 1980s.
This is the Clemson Wiki project's 1,121st article.